The transfer of responsibility presented an unprecedented opportunity to transform outcome based commissioning for children however the latest results on the early years profiles show quite clearly that whilst there is great work occurring across the country there is also much to be improved upon across all localities.
This conference will bring together key stakeholders from local authority responsible for children services, early years and public health to consolidate emerging good practice from across geographical and organisational boundaries.
Benefits of Attending
- Hear from the Department of Health, NHS England, LGA, and leaders in early years health, to gather indispensable guidance on transforming 0-5 commissioning effectively and ensuring your own delivery of public health outcomes.
- Increase your understandings of the health profiles of the children in your area aged 0-5 and the wider early years age ranges.
- Gain clarity on which local individuals and bodies are responsible for overseeing delivery arrangements for 0-5 health.
- Ensure your health and wellbeing board are fully informed about the transition of 0-5 children’s public health and are taking a lead at a board and practical level in ensuring that the health and care system locally is geared up for the commissioning responsibilities, integration of the HCP from 0 to 19/25 years.
- Ensure your council is securing continuous improvement against the mandated checks and wider 0-5 services?
- Learn how your performance towards your objectives for child health and wellbeing be measured, monitored and reported on and how you compare nationally and regionally.
- Discover how your council’s and local NHS budgets relating to children and young people can show increasing investment in prevention/ upstream action.
- Work towards a joint vision for all children and young people aged 0-19 and up to 25 years for young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Identify whether your council is making the most of the opportunities to transform and integrate services across health, social care, public health, education and wider council led services.
- Engage a variety of the nations public health teams and children’s services teams to understand and explore the opportunities to improve integration between children and public health services
- Engage with other health and wellbeing boards, children’s trust/ partnerships and safeguarding boards about how commissioning for 0-5 fits into your integrated commissioning strategy, your Better Care Fund plans, the new health and care models of the NHS Five-Year
- Forward View and your safeguarding strategy.
- Increase your awareness of which responsibilities have transferred how funds have been allocated along with how other local authorities have managed the transition process and are now delivering services.
- Familiarise yourself with the entire commissioning landscape for 0 to19 years (and young people with special educational needs and disabilities) including the areas covered by children’s services, public health, NHS England and CCGs – ensure that a joined up innovative approach is being taken to all commissioning for the children in your area across the age spectrum 0 to 19/25.
- Understand more about the new NICE quality standard & toolkits developed for Early Years.
- Understand the opportunities to improve integration between children, education and public health services
- Ensure that knowledge on safeguarding procedures and arrangements are enhanced and built into your own strategy.
Who Should Attend
- Local Authority Chief Executives
- Local Authority Directors/Heads/Leads of Public Health
- Local Authority Directors/Heads/Leads of Children's Services
- Local Authority Directors/Heads/Leads of Physical Activity
- Local Authority Directors/Heads/Leads of Commissioning
- Local Authority Directors/Heads/Leads of Finance
- PHE Centre Directors
- NHS England Area Teams Directors
- Health and Wellbeing Board Members
- Early Years Teams
- Strategic and Commissioning Managers
- Children’s centre and Nursery Managers
- Childcare Development Teams
- Workforce Development Teams
- EYFS Teams
- Infant, Nursery and Primary Schools leads
- Child Health Services
- Parent Partnership and Community Teams
- Health Visitors
- Public Health Teams
- Health Visitors
Your delegate package includes the following:
- Access to all areas of the conference including the main plenary presentations, Q&A sessions, speaker presentations, master class sessions and all networking zones.
- Access to information and guidance on current and future strategies from the UK’s leading authorities and governing bodies tasked with transforming children health and well-being.
- Identify best practice approaches from the most successful projects and Local Authorities across the UK.
- Identify best practice approaches from the most successful projects across the Uk.
- Gain CPD points for attendance on the day along with copies of all slides and information covered across the course of the entire 12 month online conference campaign.
- By purchasing a ticket for the conference you will directly contribute to one of a range of associated charities. You can select your chosen charity at the point of booking.
- Have the opportunity to understand the strategies that directly affect your organisations, whilst influencing future Government policy.
- Via our website, all delegates can submit their organisations relevant policies and case studies onto our resource library throughout the full lifecycle of the conference engagement period. Gain access to our entire suite of conference videos and presentations.
- Charity Sector £195
- Public Sector £295
- Private Sector £295
- Transition to parenthood and the early weeks
- Maternal mental health
- Child & adolescent mental health
- Healthy weight, healthy nutrition
- increasing physical activity, reducing obesity
- Non elective hospital attendance/admissions
- Family nurse partnership service
- Health,wellbeing and development of the child aged two, and school readiness
- Safeguarding arrangements
- The transformed health visiting service, targeted and universal
- Child health information systems
Please note: Due to the high volume of interest across all sectors and so as to ensure fair representation for all relevant bodies, all delegate tickets are awarded on a first come first served basis. Organisations are limited to a maximum of 5 tickets.